Friday 17 October 2014

Commer Cob photos


Just to get the van in good working order..

More pics and issues..


Where do I start.. Needs a new back door


The original panels were cut out to make it into a car..The last owner took the glass out to make it back into a van.. sort of.. with plywood..


Passenger side door is buckled..


After removing the sticker off the bottom of the door.. and this passed a current MOT ? with just a sticker over the issues..


Bonnet doesn't fit properly, bumper brackets are miss aligned 


Just found out on Wednesday that the front wings are glassfibre..


Original steering wheel is great.. everytime I drive it the wheel gets cleaner..
and I have to scrub my hands to get the paint and crud off ..


Wires hang all over the place.. hate the drinks cup holder..


Interior roof is the underside of the van roof..


Back seat that lifts to make a flat floor.. a small fire.. just a mess..


original and 'new' panels made by previous owner..


oh dear.. lots to do in here.. That plywood panel will be replaced with Solid Oak on the outside..
On the inside it will be storage for work tools and paperwork


Back seats folded flat to make into a van.. all needs looking at..


Someones carpet.. not car carpet.. 


Back door, I have a replacement door.. in better condition on the outside
and worse on the inside..



I haven't looked under here yet..


The very bright red panels are homemade by the previous owner.. 
There are some original panels ..


I will be making Oak strips and wooden paneling for the headlining.


I hope by just changing the rear door, this will help lift the rest of the back..


Matt can help with this part..hopefully


hmm a patch..or two..best not look..


The petrol filler will need a new rubber gromit..


Filler. The aluminium grille will need a little work..


Bumper bracket has been welded on the the body.. bolt is locked up..
needs cutting off and body sorted out


Great 'Face' love the 'grimace' the twisted bumper..the bent number plate need fixing.


Solid Oak panels, will sit in the window recess, with hand carved details


Awful red panels have to go.. I can see solid wood panels going on here.
I do have the original red panels too..


Quarter lights need all new rubbers.. as do all of the windows.


Blimey.. lots to do under here. All of it has to come out and be sorted.


Wiring loom..what wiring loom.. just wires..


No heater. This is where the heater would sit.
I think I'd like a heater. Is that too far..


VIN plate, shows that it is a Commer Cob, and not a Hillman Husky.



Next post will have all the artist impressions of how the van will look, my plan for the storage, the systems I have designed to fit in all of the places where I can see an opportunity.

Even if I have to do the artist impressions myself, with the old 'etch-a-sketch'. I can't use Photoshop..yet. But as a last resort, I may have to..

All the best


Jamie


No comments:

Post a Comment