Saturday 4 October 2014

The first morning after the day before..

Well, I've done it..

Yesterday I took a train from Birmingham to Marylebone, London. To later to go over to somewhere in Finsbury, Skinner Street. to pick up my first classic car..

Mike, the previous owner had had her since 1988 and had look after her really well, considering the availability of parts etc.

I'm not going to write loads, just snip-its here and there..

And pictures, hopefully lots of pictures..

Here she is then..


I don't know who the guys is climbing in.. It's not Mike





These three pics above were the one's I saw on Classic Cars for Sale website..

Anyhow, after Mike going through some of the unusual ways to treat her. And ringing back the insurance company to get me insured, I started my 117 mile journey, from very near the City University London, and Sadlers Wells, to Bromsgrove in, Worcestershire.


I stopped for petrol, there is no working fuel gauge, Mike has left a dip stick in the back..

And people look at her..a lot..I only stopped twice, once for directions to a petrol station, then again for petrol and both times people were asking loads about her.. 

'What is it..' 
'she's cool.'

and one person couldn't even ask me herself..

 'My wife has told me to come and ask you what the car is, mate'

These next photos are ones I took a couple of weeks before fetching her..





No comments:

Post a Comment